Sunday 8 June 2014

Swapsies

Not sure if 'swapsies' is a real word, but I like it and I did indeed take part in a little swapsie with the very talented Hadley.  

You see, Hadley was kind enough to offer to make me a name badge for the pending Fat Quarterly Retreat, even though she knew I was pressed for time and couldn't take apart in the official swaps.  Well look what came through the post last week!  


Not only do I have a Tula Pink themed name tag on an official looking clasp, I also have a co-ordinating coaster, both complete with hand embroidery.  Lucky, lucky me, I can't wait to wear it at the Retreat - thank you so much Hadley!!!

Well such a kind gesture just had to be reciprocated and it didn't take me long to come up with an idea for Hadley.  You may recognise this owl from her blog... 

[t3.jpg]

And I just knew I wanted to *attempt* to make him in fabric form.  So a bit of quilting and applique later, this is what I came up with.


I also put my Bernina to the test and after a lot of programming, managed to create some embroidered writing...


Which I attached as a little banner, using French knots.  The fabric went a little crinkly, but I kind of like that, it looks like it's flapping in the wind!!  

I just love the quilting community, everyone is so generous, in so many ways.  I was so touched that Hadley offered to make me a name badge, and it was so much fun making this mini in return.  Roll on the FQR :-)

Sarah x

Linking up with:

stitch by stitch


3 comments:

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!