Monday 14 January 2013

A Flurry of Finishes

Before I went away for Christmas, I had one very big project that was almost finished but not quite.  I was literally just a few hours short of finishing, but my time had to be duly spent elsewhere, namely wrapping presents and packing suitcases. 
 
So when we came home I was eager to jump right back in as soon as I had completed sufficient amounts of laundry to get us through the next couple of days. 
 
So this very big project is a quilt that I am making to feature in a magazine. (And yes I am very excited!)  You can read all about it here http://www.quiltcandygirl.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-sneak-peak.html and if you don't have time to look at the link then here is a little sneaky peek picture of the quilt when it was a WIP.


I can't tell you how much I want to share a picture of the finished quilt, I am so happy to have it finished, and I think that the gorgeous Kaffe Fassett fabrics work even better than I could have hoped. 

I do however have another little project that I can share with you.  Not a quilt this time, but a little cross stitch for my baby, who is due to turn 1 in the next couple of weeks.  I came across this pattern and knew that I had to sew it for him immediately.


And I have even colour photocopied it and made little invitations for his party.  It's a great idea that I came across in this gorgeous book by a French author, along with the design.



Regular readers will know that I have been away for a while over Christmas and I would love to share with you just a few pictures of a wonderful place that I went to called Cateratas Du Iguazu, which is a series of spectacular waterfalls on the border with Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina.  







The photos really don't do justice to what a wonderful place it is and if you ever get a chance to go there, take it with both hands, it's not to be missed!

My final finish was a scrapbook that my daughter (aged 3 1/2) and I put together all about our holiday.  It's been a busy week choosing photos, printing, sticking, gluing and annotating.  But it's finished, looking lovely and has been proudly taken to pre-school this morning. 

I hope you have had a productive week too.  What have you been working on and have you had any New Year finishes yet?  

Linking up with:
 
Plum and June

Sarah x







7 comments:

  1. Mmmm loving the sneak peek - purple is my favourite colour! Also love the cross stitch - before I discovered quilting it used to be my craft of choice. I must put a cross stitch project on my list for 2013 - I don't think I have done any since my eldest daughter was born (6 years ago!).

    Also loving the waterfall photos - I have a friend who went there and she said they were spectacular. Another one for the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross stitch is adorable, and what a great idea to photocopy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool party invite! And loving the South American holiday photos. Now we will just sit back and wait for the big reveal on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all - the quilt is stunning, the cross stitch is perfect (as is William) and the holiday photos are to die for, you're brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to have a quilt featured in a magazine - I just finished a Kaffe Fasset quilt for my mum and loved it. The cross stitch is adorable and I love the party invite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos all around! I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The waterfalls are amazing! The quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!