Wednesday 18 September 2013

Only 97 days till....

Guess what??!!


So I thought it high time I put my Christmas fabrics (there, I've said it!) to good use. 

I bought these lovelies at the Festival of Quilts, (which you can read about here) and I've made a start turning them into some festive bunting. 


I've decided to make two types, one with some lettering, and some with applique shapes and maybe, just maybe, a little extra embellishment.  I'm making good progress but you will have to wait and see how these ones turn out ;-)

At the Festival I also purchased these gorgeous ribbons and buttons. 



Aren't they just the cutest!  And a complete bargain too at a £1.00 for 2 metres.  I'm looking forward to putting these to good use, but it remains to be seen if they will feature on the bunting. 
 
In other news, I have 2 children off sick at the moment.  So that's my sewing day yesterday out of the window.  Both will survive, I have one happy boy who is well on the road to recovery and a very subdued daughter :-( I think we've entered the winter sickness season a little too early!
 
But on a positive note, it's less than 2 weeks until I meet one of my oldest and dearest blogging friends, Julie from Thimble Fingers!  I've known and been emailing Julie for over 2 1/2 years now, and although we live on the other side of the world from one another, (she's in Western Australia) we've become firm friends.  And tomorrow she is heading to UK shores for 2 weeks, before making the trip to Jersey to come and meet me and the family.  I'm so excited (and a little nervous) I can't wait!  Julie's work, in particular her embroidery is inspirational, so I highly recommend grabbing a cup of tea and looking through her blog and admiring her beautiful work. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Sarah x

Linking up with:










11 comments:

  1. Such fun fabric and goodies. Hope the little ones are on the mend! Off to read Julie's blog. Great that you get to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an ear infection over here too! I think it is indeed that time of year. Love your Christmas fabrics - think it might be time to dig mine out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics and the ribbon such a bargain. I hope your babies are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have the Christmas bug good and proper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, its too soon to think about the C word! Love the fabric tho, and hope the kiddies feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the dreaded C word! Hope you have a lovely time with Julie and your kids are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't mention the C word in December!! ;-) I'm sure you're make something wonderful with your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your two little ones recover quickly! Glad to see I am not the only one who has started the count down to Christmas! Those are some sweet prints... Can't wait to see what you make of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Modern Christmas fabrics are so lovely. I like your idea about Xmas bunting...must have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear your children are poorly. Hope they're better soon. How lovely to meet your blog friend, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Festive bunting? What a super idea, Sarah ... those fabrics are a dream :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!