Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Christmas Cushion

I'm struggling to keep up with blog posts for the things I've made recently, so here's a little cushion that I made a few weeks back, ready for our home when the festive season is upon us!  



I just love the background fabric and knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to make a snowflake cushion.  It was lovely to use a combination of techniques too; machine applique, machine quilting for the background, and some hand quilted detail.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy hand quilting!  

It was lovely to make something for the family, and I look forward to getting this cushion out every winter, hopefully for many years to come.  

Thank you so much for stopping by,

Sarah x

Linking up with:

Fresh Poppy Design


6 comments:

  1. Love that idea...what a great way to use an awesome focus fabric and not have to cut it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I just love it! The hand quilting really makes the snowflake special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this cushion is lovely, and such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely -and so nice to make something for yourself for a change. I love doing that! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Hopefully I can make some Christmas pillows next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!