Thursday 18 April 2013

I'm at the Gallery


I am so excited to announce that I am going to have a display of my quilts at The Harbour Gallery in St Aubin, Jersey, Channel Islands.


It's a wonderful place, filled to the brim with artwork, photography, ceramics, hand made gifts, furniture, art and textile supplies, and as of this weekend, ekk, my quilts!   


As you walk in you are greeted with a huge choice of work to admire

 Here are a few photos of my display, which is currently brightening up my kitchen ;-)



It's going to be on the left hand side as you walk up the stairs of the first floor, so I thought it would be a good idea to paint the logo on the side to make it stand out.  Let's just say I won't be swapping needle and thread for paints and a paintbrush again in a hurry!


I wanted to have some smaller items available as well at the quilts, and I have lots of ideas for new products in the future too.




Of course I have put my postcards on display, and I hope people will take one and get in touch with me again.



Here's my Vintage India Quilt, that was awarded a Silver in the Channel Islands Eisteddfod. 



And here's my Walk in the Woods Quilt.



I thought these chickens would make my display bright, cheerful and most of all fun!


And here's my Happy Drawing Quilt and French General Quilt which I have decided to name 'Times gone By'. 




I can't wait to share more of my experiences of the Harbour Gallery.  I'll try and take a few photos on Saturday and show you around some more.  It really is a wonderful, eclectic mix of talent.  Oh and did I mention there's a cafĂ©??!  I am sure to be popping in there every time I visit.  ;-)


If you like my display and my work, then I would love it if you would 'like' my facebook page.  It would be great to get up to 200 likers.  But don't feel you have to, only if you want to!  And just in case you're interested, here's the link to the Harbour Gallery facebook page too.  If you ever come to Jersey it's definitely worth dropping by.  

And now that my display's finished, I can catch my breath and make a start on some new quilts. Which after all, is my favourite thing to do. 

Sarah x



8 comments:

  1. Your display looks fab - really lovely. I'm impressed with your paintbrush skills! Hope it brings you lots of business. (Have just liked your FB page:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be displaying your quilts and I love your sign - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you have done the bookshelf. Looks fabulous. What a wonderful gallery to be featured in. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful Sarah! Your display is lovely, wish I could come and see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so wonderful Sarah! Your display is lovely, wish I could come and see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, I hope you do really well at the gallery. The display looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations on having your work featured. Your bookcase display looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is a bit late, but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!