Wednesday 9 October 2013

A little bit of Christmas

Hooray!  Mr Candy has fixed the laptop!  So full blogging service can resume.  Phew.  I felt like I'd lost a limb not being able to blog and email properly for nearly 2 weeks!
 
One good thing about not having easy access to a computer is, it does create more sewing time.  So I've been very busy on my machine this week, but I shall tell you about that another time. 
 
For now, I want to share with you two sets of bunting that I've made for Christmas using the 'In From the Cold' collection by Kate Spain.  I just love this range and I couldn't wait to get started.  This first set is a series of little Christmas appliques.



 
I hope you are appreciating the Christmas decorations by the way.  As well as re-building the laptop, I've had Mr Candy up and down the attic getting the decs out and then away again, in aid of my little photoshoot.  Hopefully it was worth it! 

Anyway, here's some close ups of the detail.  I love buttons and I hardly ever get to use them, so here was the perfect excuse.  A little star at the top of my tree.


And here's another star, on this gorgeous star fabric, that I think I am going to have to purchase by the bolt, I love it so much. 


And as my centre piece, I've put some mistletoe on the mistletoe - anyone for a kiss??!  (Offers from tall, dark, handsome men only please).


So that's the first set.  The second set is very similar and looks like this. 



The idea is that it can be personalised with whatever Christmas word you like.  Someone suggested Ho Ho Ho to me on facebook, and I loved it, so that's what I went with. 

Here it is close up. 



And I just love the snowflake white fabric for the letters too.



Isn't this fabric just so pretty?!  Sorry, I said that already. 


 
Well, I hope you like them.  For now they shall be going away, and coming out again on the 1st December.  We are away for Christmas so the added bonus is they will fit in the suitcase! 
 
 
Back soon with lots to tell you about, and maybe, just maybe a quilt tutorial.  Watch this space. 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
Linking up with:
 
BLOG TITLE
 

8 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad Mr. Candy fixed the laptop. He is super sweet. I love love the buntings. And that fabric is adorable!
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back :-)
    I really like the little applicque's. And I agree it's toohard to find somewhere to use a button!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your laptop is fixed. Love the bunting. I'm working on a Christmas project too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portable Christmas decorations - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've obvs been having a lot of fun and even better that you can bring them to Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lucky enough to see them in the flesh and they are stunning, so Christmassy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!