And now the stars are expanding.
I am glad I went with the red for the outer most star, I think it gives it cohesion and adds some much needed brightness to a rather muted pallet of colours. It was worth the wait for the postman.
It's nearly big enough now to be a baby quilt. But I think it needs a border, as I wouldn't want my binding to eat into the delicate points of the star. I have been auctioning fabrics for the border, considering a scrappy border and also a darker version of the grey flower fabric, which I had originally planned for the back and have in great abundance. But the dark flower fabric is just too dark. Even for the back. And I like the scraps idea, but guess what, I just don't have enough!
So it was back to the online store for me, and I've ordered 2 more fat quarters of the cream with red circles, which will give me enough either to do the border in its entirety, or to make a scrappy border with another fat quarter of a different design that I have not yet used. I shall go with my instincts when I have the fabrics in front of me.
More waiting for the postman :-( Perhaps I should open up a fabric shop in Jersey...that would avoid this problem altogether!