Monday 20 May 2013

A New Project

On Sunday I wrote a post about the gorgeous fabrics that my lovely friend Chrissie sent me. 

And I have come up with a plan and put them to good use.

Here's a little sneak peek of them so far, all cut up and laid out but not sewn together.   I wonder what it's going to say...



........?????
 
And yes, in case you're wondering, that is an absolutely fabulous and exclusive New York Times print alternating with the black on white city scape print.  It really is to die for. 
 
I'm so looking forward to getting on my machine and sewing these 3" squares together.  All 234 of them.   I've had to put them all away for now, in a super organised fashion! 

In other news, I've entered the Blogger's Quilt Festival with my Anchors Away quilt, in the baby quilt category.  I even managed to get some 'on location' pictures.  I'd love it if you'd take a look, and I'd love it even more if you vote for me!  Are you entering??

I'll be back soon with more photographs from the Kaffe Fassett A Life in Colour Exhibition that I went to last week.  You can read part one here

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Linking up with:

Plum and June 

And

Handmade Harbour



Sarah x

10 comments:

  1. Ohh I love this combo of fabrics!! And love what you are making with them. I particularly like the way the moon is in the I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Just the idea of cutting out 300 squares is daunting to me let alone sewing them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous fabric! I love the way you're piecing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric and can't wait to see the finished product :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I know ... I *heart* NY?! That is the perfect design for that fabric! Have fun sewing all those squares together!! I shall look forward to more Kaffe pics - I drooled over the first post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those prints! This will be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those prints - gorgeous!! - and love what you've done so far with them. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!