I started this back in 2007, and although it's taken me 6 years so far, actually I did the whole thing in 3 months bar the last few stitches. It's hard to tell from this photo, but I decided to cover the whole cross stitch in teeny, tiny glass beads. It adds such a lovely dimension, but can you guess what happened... yes I ran out of beads just as I was coming to the end. And instead of hunting down some more, I put it in a draw and forgot about it until now.
So I'm pleased to say I have now ordered some more of the exact same beads on ebay, for the bargain price of £2.50. It took me all of 5 minutes to hunt them down and place the order. I don't know why it's taken me so long to do it!
I'm determined to get it finished and framed before Christmas Day. There really is not a lot to do, it's just a few beads in the bottom right hand corner.
Watch this space!
Linking up with: