Wednesday 19 June 2013

Flutterbys and Flower Fairies

I'm working on a commission quilt at the moment.  In fact, 2 commission quilts.  A single bed quilt, and a cot quilt.  Both the same, and using these completely adorable Flower Fairy Fabrics from the Nursery Collection by Jane Churchill.  
 
 
 
I've only made a little progress on piecing so far, but once I get going I think the two quilt tops will come together quite quickly.
 
 
I've opted for 5 inch squares to best show off the fairies, and these adorable embroidered butterflies. 
 
 
 
I am just loving working with pink again.  I'm a true girly girl at heart so this quilt is right up my street! 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  And if you are a regular follower, I hope you've noticed and like the changes I've made to my blog?!!  (Clue: New photo header, blue background, photo of me!!)
 
And I do hope you will stop by next week, as it's my week on the...
 
Plum and June 

 
In case you haven't joined in the 'hop fun' yet, here are last weeks and this weeks bloggers.  Do stop by and take a look :-)
Friday, June 14
Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts

Friday, June 21
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

 
Linking up with:
 
GRAB A BUTTON 
 
Sarah x


9 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts, and the redesign looks great! Nice photo too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love those little fairies :)


    sidenote- it looks like you have last week's schedule posted for the hop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty, Sarah, as is your work. Hmmmmm, might have to tidy mine up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog looks great. Love the butterfly embroidery.
    Keep thinking I should get a photo of me done for my blog, but who likes pictures of themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts, my daughter would love these as she loves fairies. Your blog looks really professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! The butterflies are beautiful!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious! Lucky little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, nice to meet you - though I have been following you for a while. I really like your work.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!